Monday, September 6, 2010

two weeks tomorrow

Today Meghan and I did the calculations and I will be in Germany around 40 weeks. I will have been here two weeks tomorrow. It actually didn't feel like two weeks. It's like, as long as I stay busy and always have something to look forward to, it's gonna fly by. Which is funny because you would think it would go by slower because I'm away from home and school is shorter. So there's more time on my hands. But I have so many small things to fill up this time and bigger things to worry about, that I hardly notice. For example, this weekend is the big rotex sleep over in the gym of my school. I'm super excited to meet all the other students. Theres gonna be like 60 there. Meghan says the entire front of my blazer is gonna be covered by the end of the weekend. This is the time to trade pins. Next weekend, Jasmine invited me to stay over at her house Saturday night. She told her mom about me and how I'm from America and her mom wants to meet me. Jasmine's older brother has a basketball game that Saturday so they invited me to come along and since it goes late she asked if I just wanted to sleep over! I'm going to ask my host parents tonight. Tomorrow is another rotary meeting. The routine, once a month ones. It'll be boring, but at least Meghan will be there so I'll have someone to talk to. And they feed us so free food is a bonus. I'm starting to learn a little more German today. I studied in my Physics class. I also got my residence permit today. I should recieve it in the mail in a couple weeks, but now I'm all legalized. After that I went to school and met Meghan. It took awhile to find each other, but once we did it was all good and we went to the Aldi and bought my phone card. I'm gonna ask Benni to activate it and such later. We didn't have enough time to go shoe shopping. So I went to class and she went home to call her dad. Yesterday was Father's Day in Australia. Then I had another free period before English. Jasmine was done with school so she took me to one of the nearest shoe stores during that period. Turns out theres a mall right by my school! I know where I'm going on my free periods now ;) lol. I'm so glad I went with her because I got the pair of shoes I wanted for 12 euro! Everyone said they would be like way more expensive. I love off brands :). I was choosing between two shoes that I was looking for and I just happened upon the off brand of the better one. So yay! I think it was like the German pay less, idk. But it was great. So now I have my phone card and shoes to go with my skinny jeans. And I have extra money so I can save it and have some if I need food or something. Extra money is always good. I don't have anything planned for tonight, so I think that's it for today. Email me and tell me how I'm doing with this blogging thing. If you don't have it, my email is pbandwaffles@yahoo.com. If you're reading this and you have something you want to say to me, but are hesitant because you didn't know how to contact me or you think you shouldn't because you're a friend of a friend and I don't know you, it's ok. Now you have my email, so shoot me one! I need feedback so I know what I need to improve on or if I'm doing ok.

1 comment:

  1. So when you tried to storm the castle, did they start flinging live animals at you? And did you buy any gifts? Come on now! Why do you think you're really there?

    ReplyDelete