Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sorry

Sorry I haven't blogged in a few days. I was at Jasmin's last night and yesterday was the swimming. Swimming was fun. It was way different than what I had expected. Almost all of it was indoor obviously. I was thinking one pool. Maybe a couple diving boards if I was lucky. Like the simple Olypic swimming type pool. Nope. Not even close. There were water slides and warm pools and cold pools and lazy rivers and kid pools. It was huge. Crazy. It was called Atlantis lol. I also had my first experience with the whole european nakedness. We went into the big group shower thingy to rinse off in our bathing suits. I get under the shower head, turn around, and there is a butt naked lady behind us. And another topless one. No shame. They were like full out showering. Crazy people. It was a late night, but I got to sleep in the next day so it was all good. Then I went to Jasmin's place and to her brother's bastketball game. It was fun. It was just like American basketball except on a smaller scale. There were even "cheerleaders" who cheered in English. They just wore a tshirt and shorts. All matching. They did a couple cool stunts, but....let's just say that cheerleading is definitely an american thing. Then I ate Mcdonalds for the first time since I've been here. I didn't think I'd be that into it until my big mac was in front of me and it was the best big mac I've ever had lol. Pretty sure Jasmin took a picture of me with it. Then we slowly discovered that we had the same taste in movies. Like completely. So we watched Step up 2. Which she owned and had seen a billion times just like me. And we watched it in English! Yay for no weird voice overs! It was her first time watching in English and she said it was cool because she could understand it now. And she liked the original voices. Then I got up today and went to Rotary orientation. It was boring. But I had to introduce myself in German. My name, what country I'm from, my host family, where I live in Germany, My host club, and what I expect of this year. I was so nervous, but my host family said I did really really well. So woo! I nailed it. That was about it. We left. Another dance lesson. The teacher used me as an example almost the whole time. Like an example to teach a new move. So I just had to figure out what to do based on his body cause I had no clue what he was saying. He's nice though. I like him. While everyone is practicing he likes to talk to me about America and my life and such. He speaks perfect English. It finally got out today that I've danced before and at the mention of my small amount of hip hop experience, he said that there was this guy at the studio I should meet. That he's famous all around the world for hip hop choreography and such. And he just happens to teach on wednsdays at this studio. And he seemed like he really wanted me to meet him and that this guy really was just amazing so I told him I would look at my schedule and see if I have time. I think I have German language lessons that day. But he was saying that this guy goes all over europe and stuff. And he's famous here in Germany and in Paris and all that. I forgot what else, but it was really impressive. So who knows? Maybe I'll get to meet this guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment