Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Long day so far.

Its been a long day so far. I had to get up to go to school in the morning. Which is normal, I know. But today it was extra exhausting. God definitely got me through this day. So many things could have gone wrong. I just got home. It's hard to type cause my fingers are stiff from the cold. I forgot to mention yesterday. The castle wasn't a castle with like gift shops. I didn't go inside because they still use it. Someone was getting married in it and theres actually a restraunt inside. Any way, Today I got to school and I was tired, but everything was fine. It all started down hill when I went to singing instead of tutor group on accident. Meghan had to search the school for me. She found me though and I realized what I had done. It was embarrassing. Then after tutor group I went back to singing on schedule. Then Meghan reminded me that we had a rotary meeting today right after school that I completely forgot about. So I was all stressed out trying to figure out how to tell my host parents this (even though it was on the calender) so that they know why I'm not home on time and that I need to be picked up. I couldn't find Benni after school so we went ahead and walked to the meeting. I used Meghan's phone to call home. Couldn't figure out how to use her phone. So she had to dial for me. My phone doesn't start working until later tonight or tomorrow morning. I found out a little late my phone from home doesnt have a sim card so I have to use one of my host familys old ones. I talked to Rebekka and told her about rotary and she said ok. I felt better except I almost fell asleep during the meeting several times. Meghan said thats normal though. I didn't though. It was sooo hard not to, but I successfully got through the meeting. So we were waiting for my ride home to arrive...and waiting...and waiting. And no one showed up. So I called home again. I said very nicely "I'm done with my rotary meeting now and I was just curious to know whether you were going to pick me up here or whether I should take the bus home?" They said take the bus. So I had to walk all the way back to the school bus stop and wait for forty minutes for the bus to arrive. Then the bus driver spoke no english. I'm really glad I got my paper today that says I'm a student at the gymnasium remigianum. She understood and I didn't have to pay. After that everything has gone smoothly. So thank the Lord I got here safely. Oh and one more thing. They don't have a charger for this old phone. So I have to use Rebekka's. I'm not sure how that's gonna work and I'm nervous to ask her cause I think I'm getting an annoyed vibe from her. She's never had a sister and my host parents tend to always ask her to take me with her when she goes places. I know she doesn't like that and I feel terrible about it. I'm not being annoying. But I feel like I'm annoying her. And I really don't want to add to that list by asking to use her charger all the time. Plus I feel like I'm annoying everyone because they have to speak english when speaking to me. It's like they're trying to rush me into speaking German now so they don't have to deal with it. Once again with the I feel terrible. I'm trying. I really am. Meghan says it will come, but it's gonna take a few months. There's no going around that. I've made flashcards though and I'm trying to learn simple sentences and vocabulary. It's hard....it's not something you can rush. I know I'll learn it though. It will come.

No comments:

Post a Comment