Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sorry about the delay

Sorry about not posting last night. I was exhausted. There was so much stuff to do and so little time and I had to get to bed to get up for school in the morning. Ok so...where was I? Second day of school? Yes I believe so. I met Mr. Rose at the beginning of school because he had my schedule. The first class period I had to be with him as he taught 6th grade English. My German class wasn't ready for me yet because she was preparing and I would have just been in the way. So I helped him teach the 6th grade English. It was the cutest thing. They could only speak in simple sentences. So he had them go around the room and each ask me a question. They thought it was the coolest thing ever that I'm from America. I learned something too. I learned that 6th grade German boys are very attracted to me. I was hit on several times by the little ones. They were all nervous to talk to me, but made it very obvious they thought I was pretty. One whispered to his friend that he wanted to ask me if I had a boyfriend. A big group laughed because he didn't say it as quietly as he thought. But by the end of the class I think they liked me because they asked if I could come back more often. After first period Mr. Rose asked me if I wanted to go to his second 6th grade English class that day and help again or if I'd rather go to the German class. I went with him because the German class isn't my German lessons. It's just like how Americans take English. I wouldn't be learning anything. The second class I didn't like as much because there were two boys in the front that were bigger than the others. The same age, just matured faster. They took an extra extra obvious liking to me and were constantly asking me questions such as...what is my favorite color, astrological sign, etc. One thought he was being funny and asked for my number. I told him I didn't have one. They kept staring at me and it was uncomfortable. I liked all the other students. It was just those two. You know how when someones staring at you and you can't quit checking to see if they're still doing it? Then you meet their eyes and it's way weird. Well that's what kept happening with these boys. Except worse because I think they saw it as encouragement. I was glad to be done with the class. But over all I liked helping to teach the kids. Then I had tutoring in German. After that singing and then free period (I have nine free periods a week). Then math was my last subject that school day. I went home and almost got on the wrong bus, but Benjamin saved me at the last minute. At four I went to the bank and got my account set up. At seven was the rotary meeting. I had like three dinners that night because I ate some before the meeting, during the meeting, and after was Hartmut's party. I didn't realize they would be feeding us at the meeting so I ate before to tide me over until dinner after at Hartmut's party. It was really boring, the meeting was. They had this huge slideshow of a 60 million dollar boat. I have no idea why. I was sleeping with my eyes open. Then I left, came home, socialized for an hour, showered, wrote to you, and slept. Today was alot simpler. I got up. I went to school. I made a new friend at school named Jasmine. She is very enthusiastic that I'm an American. So she introduced me to all her friends and they were nice too. Theres a few kids in my classes that are starting to recognize me. Everyone says cool when they find out I'm from America. So I spent my free period with her today. My classes were boring. I had English today though, normal English. And I had to be their walking dictionary. I also had to read an article out loud about President Obama taking our troops out of Iraq. It was from the New York Times. Then I had to explain all about that subject and September 11th and such. It wasn't a fun subject. I didn't realize there are German and Australian troops out there too! The American news doesn't tell us much about this. Only about the American out there. Then I had my other classes and my free period and went home. And this is where I've been. Nothing going on tonight except Benjamin's birthday is tomorrow and Philip's dad's is tonight so Hartmut and Sofia are going over there. I'll make another entry for my schedule. It's complicated. ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment