Tuesday, February 15, 2011

So I haven't blogged for awhile. If you were waiting up for it then I'm so sorry about that. I've just been busy and there hasn't been much opportunity. Didn't want to blog right in front of my friends. It's kinda awkward. Ok so friday. I didn't have school :D. the german students only had two periods because they got their grades and my first two periods are always free on fridays. So no school yay!! But I got up at like 8 and drove with my bike to the school. There I picked up Bruna and we rode our bikes bike to my house. Then Coco (a friend of Maria) came over and Bruna, Coco, Maria, and I all took the 11:30 train to Oberhausen. The first thing we did is walked out of the bahnhof and ran smack into Diego (another exchange student through rotary from mexico). But he was just passing through. He was going to a friends house so we said hi and talked for just a few minutes. Then we parted ways. Then we went to the Centro (one of the biggest malls in germany and the main attraction in Oberhausen) and immediately found the Lego store :). It was there that we decided was the best meeting place for us and Tiffany. Tiffany is a good friend of mine who is an exchange student from New York and lives in Köln. We met in Chicago and were on the same plane to germany. So then we hung out at the mall pretty much the whole day. We ended up running into three more exchange students also. Panda (Canada), Leanna (Canada), and another girl from Brazil. I don't know her name because shes a newbie. So they hung out with us a bit, but the two girls had to leave earlier so Panda stayed and hung out with us for a couple hours until it was time to go home. During our stay at the mall there was much trying on of random clothing and visits to the mac store to play games (ninja fruit slicer :D) and to check facebook and email :D :D :D. It was a great time though. Then we went home and the other two girls in our group met up with us (panda went home, girls night). Nina and Sonja. then we went to the movie. Two guys from my school ended up coming along for the movie too then left afterwards. That movie was incredibly uncomfortable. Probably one of the most uncomfortable movies I've ever seen. Right up there with Bruno. If you have kids, don't go see it with them if you just have to see it. Black Swan. Remember it. Don't watch it with your kids or your parents. It is truly uncomfortable. But then we went home and talked. And then bed. Then the next day Tiffany and I went to Ibbenbüren. We spent the night with Morgan (USA) and went to this teen hang out place where they were holding a small concert. But we thought it was supposed to be acoustic night. Morgan got the dates wrong. It was hard rock. And not our type of music at all. Morgan was into it, but not me and Tiffany.l So by the end of the night we ended up outside talking to all the german people. Then we were home by midnight. We stayed up a little later on the internet and talking, but eventually went to sleep. I had four hours of sleep that night. We got up at 7 the next morning, had breakfast, and took the buses and trains back to my house. We hung out there for a little while then tiffany took her trains back home to Köln. After that I relaxed and did my deutsch homework. Then Monday was Valentine's day. Nothing special here in germany really. Went to school, had a deutsch lesson, then everyone stayed after the lesson because it is also my host brother Heiner's birthday. So he had some friends over and we all chilled in the garage. Then around 10 David, Lindsay, and Bruna left. So Maria and I went to bed about an hour later. Today we went on a field trip to the rock and pop museum. And that was cool. Outfits and guitars and information all about michael jackson, the rolling stones, the beatles, elvis, etc. Unfortunately no cameras were allowed :(. I also met Alexandre today. He's really cool. And his english is great. Then everyone came over afterwards and then we had our deutsch lesson. It ended about an hour ago so everyone is gone now...and thats what you missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment