Saturday, November 6, 2010

New phone! Well not new...but new to me :D. My phone I was borrowing from my host parents freezes up all the time and has a huge crack on the screen. Last night I finally got fed up with it because it froze when I needed it. I was locked out of my house in the rain because of a miscommunication. That happens sometimes when they speak in German to me. It just comes with the exchange student package. Happens to everyone. But anyway, I was locked out in the rain and my phone froze up and I couldn't use it. I was lucky that my friend Felina was with me and she lives a couple minutes away so I just went back to her house until we got it sorted out. Meaning we went back and started watching Ice Age 1 until my phone unfroze and I called the house phone and Benni had come home and was able to let me in. So Felina reminded me that she had a phone that I could have for the year. Which is awesome because I was gonna have to give the phone I got from my host parents back when I left their house. Then I would have needed to find another one. This phone doesn't freeze, flips, has a camera, and a huge screen. It's not the newest phone out there, but definitely works better than the other one. Thank you Felina! So I just got my "new" phone sorted out. I had to add all my contacts in again manually and delete all her old stuff. Then I made sure it worked ok. All thumbs up! Yay new phone! Today I am going to my host grandmas house because it's her birthday. I might sing her a birthday song in spanish. I think they would enjoy that. I wish I could have gone to Cologne with all of my friends today...but I didn't realize it was a legit thing and that everyone was going until after I already told my host parents I have no plans and said I was coming with them. I don't want to go back on my word and I figure that this is more important in the long run anyway. So no friends for me today. Oh well. My friends Kacie and Meghan didn't go either so I don't feel so bad. I'll go next time. Not tomorrow, but next Sunday, apparently I have to showcase our ball room dancing to my host parents :(. I don't wanna....I think we both aren't looking forward to it. Benni and me. Grrr....I hope its not like...an actual ball. Like where I have to dance with my host parents and stuff. I really really don't want to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment