Sunday, May 29, 2011

So yesterday I got up and ate and then got ready for this family event I had going on. It was the 25th wedding anniversary of my host uncle and aunt. Apparently this is a really big deal in germany. Because I didn't realize first off that I needed to dress up. But Maria and my host mom picked an outfit out for me real quick. I had to wear a dress and tights and my cardigan and my nice flats. It started at 4:30. I thought oh... we'll be done by say... 7 or so. Maybe 9 if it goes a little late. oh no. i was so incredibly wrong. First they had this big church service about it. Then everyone moved to this restaurant where we had the whole thing to ourselves in this big room. For a long time everyone just talked outside and drank champagne and beer and such. congratulated the couple and gave them gifts. not to mention that it was kinda raining on and off and it was quite chilly. So we finally went inside. We didn't start eating until at least 7. Then it was a several course meal with plenty of time in between each course. Then they had a slide show of old pictures and such. Then they had us all get up and they started moving the tables so that the band could play their music and everyone could dance. Drinking and dancing. which continued. and continued. and finally we were some of the first people to leave. wanna know what time? 3. 3 in the morning. I was exhausted. I wanted to go home way before then. My feet hurt and my mind was on overload. Maria wasn't happy about going home but I stopped caring at that point. Once I got home I crashed. I fell asleep before I hit the pillow I'm sure. Then I woke up this morning and couldnt get to sleep after ten o clock. I'm not happy. I wanted to sleep in desperately.

No comments:

Post a Comment