Thursday, August 5, 2010

Trips

I mentioned before that there was going to be a few trips I'll be taking during my stay in Germany. Well I just got an email from my host father saying that he got some more information on the trip around Europe. Turns out there are two trips I can take. One around Europe and the other around Germany. The one around Europe is three weeks long and takes place on Easter vacation. I was just surprised they have an Easter vacation. The one around Germany takes place on a school break in October. From the 9th to the 23rd. Unfortunately it interferes with the trip I was going to take to Crete. So I'm probably going to have to choose. Both would be really great experiences so I'm not sure which I'm going to do. I think I'm leaning toward Germany though because it is important to take part in all the rotary events I can while abroad. And I should see the country I'll be in for a year. On another note, while in their home I'll be staying in their son Samiel's room because he will be on exchange in Brazil at the same time. Apparently he has a loft bed. I'm praying it isn't wood. Or if it is, the wood is super sturdy cause I had a wooden bunk bed as a kid. The ladder broke under my weight. I'm not scared. More just afraid it's gonna break and I'm gonna have to tell my host family. Which is not only embarrassing on my part but also kinda....not disrespectful, but I'd feel terrible cause I would be a guest and I broke their bed. Just like if you were to go to someones house and overflow their toilet or sit in a chair and it breaks. It's not your fault, but it sure feels like it. So....big question for today. Crete or Germany? Anyone have an opinion? Please comment

No comments:

Post a Comment