Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Today is not my day....first I had to put my makeup on in a hurry this morning because I couldn't be excused from the breakfast table until late. Cause Benni and Rebekka weren't up on time. Then my first two class periods were cancelled. Then my tutor group teacher couldn't stay so that was another free period. Then the singing teacher kept getting on my case for having my nook. When half of the time he was mad at me I wasn't even reading it. And that class is super boring. Especially when I don't have any friends in it cause they were both gone today. Then I hung out with a different friend during my next free period and she invited the one girl in the school that acts mean towards me to hang out with us. Then my next class period was cancelled. So I was like...oh I'll just go home. I missed the first bus. So I had to wait. And sometime during the day I managed to forget I had a Rotary meeting after school today. So I rode the later bus home and didn't remember the meeting until I had just walked in the door. It was 1:09. The meeting started at 1. And the bus to Borken so I could at least be late left at 1:02. The next bus wasn't until 2:02. The meeting ends at 2. There was no way to win. So I called the guy that is in charge of the exchange students at our club. Twice. He didn't answer. No answering machine. I wonder if they even have them here. And I couldn't find his email. So I ended up emailing my counsilor. Telling him the situation and that I was so so sorry. But I would be back from Deutschland tour by the 22nd of October. So I could go to the last Rotary meeting in October and still make my monthly meeting. Then I figured that there were a few things I needed to buy for tour. I was gonna take it out of my German account. It was the first time I have ever taken money out of that account. I made sure I knew my pin and I had used those machines before. I got there and the bank was closed but we could still reach the machines. I put the card in, and it didn't have a choice to make it in English like it usually does. It took me awhile to realize that it is a German account so why would it give an English option? So I texted Philipp and asked if he could come and help me by translating the screen. And he was on his way to work of course. So I went to the store I was gonna go to originally to at least make sure they had what I needed. It was closed. So I went to another store, they didn't have what I needed. So I just gave up and walked home. There's no point in extending my humiliation and frustration. Please please let this day get better....

1 comment:

  1. Remember these lesons when you come home. I'm sure there will be more down the road and part of your overall experience should be how to deal with adversity. sounds like today has been a little tougher than most, though. Just keep swimming, Dory!

    ReplyDelete