Sunday, October 3, 2010

I just found this big purple bruise on the back of my thigh. I have no idea how it got there. I must have bumped into something and I don't remember. The funny thing is, I probably bumped into something and said, that's gonna bruise. And I don't remember. Today some of Sofia's family came over and ate lunch and visited with us. I got to have an ice cream dinner! It was so exciting cause I haven't had ice cream here yet. Today was the first time. I had my dance lesson again today. It was fine. We're learning how to cha cha now :D. I want to show Benni the clip from Grease when the cha cha girl is dancing at their school dance. So I went to my host family's Nephew's band concert last night. At first I was like, why on earth is so there so many people here? It's just a school band concert. And wow! they have a super nice set up. It looked very nice and professional. You can tell alot of money was put into it. And they had little book pamphlets that were just like a playbill you could get at a show on broadway. All I could think was "my school would go broke just making this many pamphlets". Well then I found out it wasn't a school school concert. It was a special music school concert. And they were simply amazing. It was a full on show. They had a few singers that changed outfits and a narrator type guy and everything. A huge backdrop and two screens for the projectors cause they had pictures and videos to go with the music. They even had special light effects and such. Not to mention the bands talent. The music they made really was amazing. I can only imagine what hard work they put into that. There were people of all ages in the band, but mostly were middle school and high school age. Then just a few older people. I also thought I would be home by maybe 10:00 at night at the latest. I ended up getting home at 2:45 in the morning. The show started at 8 and didn't end until 11:45. They had a 30 minute intermission in that. The rest was all show. Then we dropped by Hartmut's brother's house to give him champagne for his birthday today. That was at like 12. Didn't leave until 1:30. Now I know, when Germans say they are dropping off champagne, they mean that we will be there for an hour and a half to share the champagne, talk, and eat food.

No comments:

Post a Comment