Sunday, October 31, 2010

So yesterday I went to the netherlands. To me, it looked pretty much like Germany. But my host family said it was very different. Hmm. We ate at this fairy tale restaurant. I ate a bacon, mushroom, onion, and cheese pancake. It was delicious. Do you guys that know me really well believe that I would eat that? I would never have eaten that at home. Ever. Btw, the pancake wasn't like...a pancake. It was a mix of the german pancakes and a pizza. We walked around in a little town for awhile. Then we went to the north sea. It was beautiful of course. But the water was way too cold to get into and the wind was blowing and it was cold, so not as enjoyable as it could have been. I took lots of pictures the whole day trip, so those will go on facebook soon. We then went to Amsterdam. It was awesome. Although slightly awkward with my host parents. It would have been a lot more fun with exchange students or friends or my lovely older sister and her friends :). I'm definitely going to find a way to go back there before I leave. I didn't get to really explore because we didn't go in anywhere. They just kinda walked around. Then we left. But I did manage to stop and buy myself a winter hat that says Amsterdam on it. And I bought three monsters. Because you can't buy them in Germany. After I bought them my host mom went off on me though about how monster was so much worse than red bull and thats why they dont sell it in germany and she would never let her own children buy those. She went on about it for quite awhile. But come on. I love monster. And I can't get it in my country. Of course I'm going to buy it while i can. And I told them I was going to buy it if I could find it ahead of time. They didn't care until I had already bought them and she looked at the nutrition facts. She kept saying, why would anyone need this? why would anyone need this? When do you go to sleep after drinking this? If someone is tired then they should drink coffee or sleep more, but not drink this. So I'm just not going to drink them around my host family. Easy enough. I overheard a tour guide talking and it made me laugh because it was just like in the movies. She was warning them about prostitutes and safe sex and just because they say they are clean doesn't mean they are. Like I said....uncomfortable around my host parents. But we got a good laugh about all the coffeeshops. There's a billion of them. And there really are people drinking coffee in them...but then you walk by the door and the smell kind of overtakes you. So ya. I'm putting my pictures on facebook. There isn't anything terrible in them. But it is Amersterdam I was taking pictures of so keep that in mind when you look.

1 comment:

  1. We all know what happens in Amsterdam and I agree with your host mother. Not a place I would let any of you run around without an adult. So don't make any plans to go back without an adult or you may end up on that one way flight back!

    Sorry to hear about Nathan. He was a good kid.

    ReplyDelete